Monday, October 19, 2009

Hope

picture by: Chris





Time's flying ; and im aware of it..

Every time I blink my eyes..
Im aware of the slippage of seconds,
Hours feel like minutes, days look so short..
Still, I see unlimited days stretched out before me

I remain a mute spectator to the changing seasons,
Noticing the green leaves turn yellow n wither away
Exposing the skeleton bark of the tree..
Still, the sunlight falls upon the lonely piece of wood

Some days are filled with ecstasy,
Some other days are equally wretched..
Still, life moves on heartily...without a pause,
Without skippin a heartbeat...

At times, it feels good to listen to the thunder,
Sometimes spring makes me a loner,
Changing moods surprise me,
Still, I tread along the path with resilience.

Times' flying and im aware of it...
The memories, my mind will still continue to hold,
As I embrace a new day that unfolds..
I hope for another gratifying day of love and care.


Published in The Hindu - Education Plus, June 18th 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment